MOONDANCE SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
• FILMS: Digital film submissions are accepted.
• WRITTEN WORKS: Digital written submissions are accepted.
• MUSIC: Digital music submissions are accepted.
• If your film submission is selected for screening, you will be contacted by e-mail.
• Films not in the English language must have English subtitles. No dubbed films will be accepted.
• Screenplays based on other literary material, i.e. adaptations, are accepted & welcomed.
• For original TV pilots, Please submit the pilot script, a logline and one-page synopsis of the pilot, a one-page character list and brief notes on the characters, one page of loglines or mini-synopses of several subsequent episodes, and title page with your contact info.
• You may submit up to three short stories with a single entry form and for a single entry fee, and you are encouraged to submit at least three.
• Film scores & spec original music accepted. The music does not have to be produced in a film. If your music has been used as a film score in a film, please submit the film.
• Treatments for screenplays or films can be up to a maximum of 10 pages, either single- or double-spaced. Please include a brief logline or mini-synopsis.
RADIO PLAY DRAMA/COMEDY/DOCUMENTARY
• Spec radio play scripts and/or produced radio plays accepted.
WINNER, FINALIST & SEMI-FINALIST ANNOUNCEMENTS
• Competition winners, finalists & semi-finalists will be announced will be announced in the Moondance news-blog and on the Moondance website. No individual e-mail announcements will be sent out. It’s up to you to subscribe to and read the news-blog, and check the website for the status of your submission.
All winning & selected films will be screened in a local theatrical venue.
You may enter more than one written work, film, or music. There is no limit on how many entries you may submit, but each entry must have a separate entry form and entry fee.
Short-story writers are encouraged to submit up to three (3) short stories for a single entry fee. Up to three short stories may be listed on a single entry form.
Stageplays may be submitted even if they have been produced on stage, or published. Short stories may be submitted in book form, if published (ark which stories are to be previewed).
Radio plays may submitted even if they have been previously broadcast or podcast online.
All submissions will be acknowledged via email.
Screenplays, stageplays, teleplays, radio plays, lyrics, librettos, treatments and short stories should be written in English or translated into English for submission.
Foreign Language: We now have readers for scripts in several languages: Spanish, German, Africaans, and Dutch. We will forward your written submission to the appropriate reader for judging.
Feature, short, documentary and animation films may be submitted by the screenwriter, director, producer, production company, distributor, animator, editor, lead actor(s), film score composer and/or cinematographer.
• Moondance reserves the right to decline selecting a semi-finalist, finalist or winner in any category and at any stage of the judging if there are no acceptable entries or finalists in that category.
Click Submission links below: