We cordially invite screenwriters and filmmakers, playwrights, short story writers, TV writers, librettists, composers, children’s filmmakers & writers, radio play writers & producers, and young (18 & under), plus seniors (75 & over), music video filmmakers, and multi-media filmmakers to participate in this truly international film festival competition.
- Digital submissions only. Vimeo (with pass-code) for films, .pdf for all written works.
- You may enter more than one written work, film, or film score. There is no limit on how many entries you may submit, but each entry must have a separate entry form and entry fee.
- Short-story writers are encouraged to submit up to three (3) short stories for a single entry fee. Up to three short stories may be listed on a single entry form.
- Films, written works & film scores may be on spec (not produced) or produced. They may have been created any time, any year.
- Stageplays may be submitted even if they have been produced on stage, or published.
- Short stories may be submitted, even if published.
- Radio plays, filmed TV episodics & webisodes may submitted even if they have been previously broadcast or podcast online.
- All submissions will be acknowledged via email.
- Include the emails for all individuals who may be interested in learning the results of the competition.
- If your film is selected for screening, we will request film stills at that time.
- Screenplays, stageplays, teleplays, radio plays, lyrics, librettos, treatments and short stories may be written in English or translated into English for submission to competitions.
- Foreign Language: We have readers for scripts in several languages: Spanish, German, Africaans, and Dutch.
- Feature, short, documentary, drone, and animation entries may be submitted by the screenwriter, director, producer, production company, distributor, animator, editor, lead actor(s), film score composer and/or cinematographer.
- Moondance reserves the right to decline selecting a semi-finalist, finalist or winner in any category and at any stage of the judging if there are no acceptable entries or finalists in that category.
- All selected 2017 Moondance films will be available online-only at Vimeo, with a private, dedicated Moondance pass-code for people accessing the winning & selected festival films to view them, and will not be available to the general public. It’s not a form of distribution. No film will be available for viewing until September, when all selected films are posted.
E-mail director for any additional questions: