What’s Happening Now? Moondance 2019 Call-For-Entries!
~ THE FILM FESTIVAL WITHOUT BORDERS! ~
••••CELEBRATING OUR 20TH FABULOUS SEASON!•••••
MOONDANCE 2019 CALL-FOR-ENTRIES HAPPENING NOW!
Moondance now offers comprehensive, professional feedback by Hollywood readers for screenplays, teleplays, stage plays & treatments submitted to the 2019 competition. Select this unique option on the Moondance entry form!
Films for Moondance may be submitted by the film’s director, producer, a lead actor, editor, film score composer or distributor, with permission of the director or distributor.
FILMS • WRITTEN WORKS • ORIGINAL MUSIC
SPECIAL PRIZES FOR 2019 MOONDANCE WINNERS:
Moondance film and screenplay winners will receive a free InkTip Script Listing so they can promote themselves and their scripts to InkTip’s entire network of producers, managers, and agents. Screenplay winners will also have their logline featured in InkTip Magazine. InkTip Magazine is sent to over 15,000 producers and representatives.
Companies who are InkTip members include: ABC, Anonymous Content, APA, CBS Films, HBO Films, ICM, Paradigm, Paramount Pictures, Hallmark Channel, FX, Universal, WME, Echo Lake, Zero Gravity, Bad Robot, 20th Century Fox, and many more. Producers have made more than 375 films from scripts and writers found through InkTip.com!
THE MOONDANCE MISSION & RAISON D’ETRE:
- Our objective for this competition and film festival is to promote and encourage screenwriters and independent filmmakers, and the very best work in film & film scripts, stage plays, TV scripts, musical film scores, librettos, radio plays & short stories. Moondance provides a professional forum in which those creative, talented & dedicated artists can have the opportunity for their work to be viewed and accepted by the powers that be, within the international film & entertainment community.
- Our work on reaching out toward filmmakers, writers, film score composers and audiences everywhere in the world is primary and ongoing. Writers and filmmakers from all six continents, and from a wide diversity of ethnic and linguistic groups are an integral part of our mission and goals. We seek to inspire and invigorate this creative potential to perceive, conceptualize, and produce their works for the benefit of the world society. We are dedicated to preserving their accumulated accomplishments and visions as expressed through the art of film, music and writings.
- Moondance promises to raise awareness of the invaluable contributions of creative talents to the entertainment community. Equity in the film industry does not mean stifling some voices so that others may be heard; it does not demand the compromising of personal standards to achieve success. Equity creates new standards which accommodate and nurture differences. Equity fosters the individual voice, investing talented people with confidence in their own authority. Equity unleashes the creative potential. We see the equal treatment of all, and the equal respect for all responses they explore, as essential to their and our ultimate goals.
- Independent filmmakers, writers and composers are vocal and active participants in the social forces that shape our culture. They portray people as three-dimensional, complex human beings and thus defy the demeaning and pervasive stereotypes perpetuated by the mainstream media.
- We are also dedicated to promoting visibility for women in Hollywood and their impact on the film industry, and we see this as a means to disrupt and correct the misogynous, fantastical, passive, destructive and denigrating visual representation of females that has, historically, been rendered by men in media and has for so long and so plentifully pervaded our visual culture.
- Moondance promotes, encourages, educates and rewards non-violent conflict resolution in the arts & film. Our much-coveted Columbine Awards are given to the filmmakers, writers and composers (of any age) who best depict alternatives to violence as a method of dealing with conflicts, whether personal, local, national or international, and/or show why violence as a solution to conflict is ultimately counter-productive and inhumane.
- Moondance is dedicated to promoting environmental awareness and preservation, and we award the Calypso Award to those filmmakers, writers and composers who create meaningful, educational and entertaining works toward this goal, and inspire others to do likewise.
- Our mission is to entertain, to inform, to inspire, to encourage and to educate. We believe that films and scripts can contribute to a healthier society and that films and scripts should encourage the active involvement of audiences to connect and act collectively to address social challenges.
- Winning and finalist films, scripts and music are innovative, distinctive, compelling and engaging, relevant to varied audiences and encourage participation. We are eager to continue to be one of the most important film festivals in the world by being innovative, risk-taking, and open to new thinking, new concepts, new talent, and new ways of telling stories.
The long-term vision of the Moondance International Film Festival is to preserve and revitalize our intangible heritage, cultivate creative diversity, develop an intercultural dialogue, and stimulate this creative resource. Our mission is to present a vibrant and growing collection of films and writings, which is an ideal means for communication across perceived boundaries of race, culture, age and gender. These works document the complexity and depth of men’s & women’s experiences that will become widely accessible within the world film industry and to the public, and will encourage and inspire others to write and to make films.
“Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” ~ M. Beattie
And, for those of you who celebrate love,
Happy Valentine’s Day!