~~~~~~~ HAPPY HOLIDAYS! ~~~~~~~
MOONDANCE 2015 CALL-FOR-ENTRIES!
Time is fast running out for our EARLY-BIRD discount, so be sure to submit your work before the December 31, 2014 deadline discount goes away. Give yourself a special gift this holiday season, and it may just be the best gift you receive . . . one that makes your entertainment industry dreams come true!
- EARLY-BIRD: December 1 through December 31 ($50)
- REGULAR: JANUARY 1 THROUGH MAY 30 ($75)
- LATE: JUNE 1 THROUGH JUNE 30 ($100)
See our submission categories HERE!
Entry Form HERE!
Check out the website for more info:
NEED HELP WITH YOUR SCREENPLAY OR FILM?
AFFORDABLE FILM, SCRIPT & STORY CONSULTATION:
• 7seas Productions offers reading services, critiques, full coverage, consultation, script notes, and edits to all filmmakers, and screenwriters. Focusing on the elements crucial to creating a compelling and readable film or script synopsis, title & logline, our helpful comments will allow you to concentrate on solving the problems that will make your material move toward receiving a CONSIDER or a RECOMMENDED from studio and production buyers and readers, and will assist in advancing your film or script up toward WINNER in competitions & festivals, and for offers to agent, option or purchase your work. An advantage of this low-cost consultation service is that we will help you prepare your film and/or screenplay before you send it to producers, agents, managers, distributors and others who may have requested it. Contact Elizabeth at:
Marian Shinn, was a finalist feature screenwriter at the 2002 Moondance, and is now an opposition member of Parliament with the Democratic Alliance in South Africa. Marian was active in the Five Freedoms Forum that aimed to promote dialogue between white and black South Africans, focused on human rights and social welfare issues, and is active in environmental issues in Africa.
TWO MOVIE QUIZES!
- NAME 15 MOVIES WITH ONLY A ONE-WORD TITLE!
- NAME 15 MOVIES WITH FOREIGN PLACE-NAME TITLES!
(Suggested answers below)
MOONDANCERS WRITE US:“Moondance looks like an exceptional endeavor. I hope it grows and grows. Thanks for this opportunity to expand my network. ~ Barbe LaPierre, Master Screenwriter Program at Screenwriting U
“It is really an honor for writers living across the world to participate in this distinguished competition of yours which values the principles of Mahatma Gandhi…” ~ Dhiraj Bakshi, India
“This was absolutely the best Blog ever and they’re always excellent. You didn’t miss a thing: Beauty, Inspiration, Information, Helpful Hints and Tips, Encouragement, Care of the Wild and of Humanity in General. From the Crocuses, Emily Dickinson, those Wonderful Characterization Tips, the wise and beautiful faces of the Mexican Wolves, and on and on. I am so impressed. But that is not all. I printed out the Blog and have put it in a loose-leaf binder I keep with me while I write.” ~ LK, a Moondancer from NJ
SOME THINGS TO THINK ABOUT:
In a time when more than half of the world’s population lives in cities, surrounded on a daily basis by asphalt, cement, iron, and glass, it’s hard to conceive of a time when trees were of immense and tangible significance to our existence. But for thousands and thousands of years, trees have provided us not only with shelter, protection, and food, but also seemingly limitless resources for medicine, fire, energy, weaponry, tool building, and construction. It’s therefore only normal that human beings, observing their intricate branching schemas and the seasonal withering and revival of their foliage, would see trees as powerful images of growth, decay, and resurrection. ~ Manuel Lima, The Book of Trees: Visualizing Branches of Knowledge
“In difficult or stressful moments, behave like a swan by keeping calm, beautiful, and unruffled on the surface, while paddling like mad under the water.” ~ Anonymous
“Pessimism is a sure game; you cannot lose at it. It is the only life view in life in which you can never be disappointed.” ~ Thomas Hardy
“Meditation is not what you think.” ~ Celestial Seasonings tea-bog flag (1970’s)
EDITOR’S NOTE: I apologize for not including the artist’s credits for the image (above) in our previous newsletter! The sculpture is titled “Freedom”, is in Philadelphia, PA, and the artist is Zenos Frudakis. You will enjoy reading the artist’s statements on freedom, creativity and more about this important sculpture at: http://zenosfrudakis.com/sculptures/public/freedom.HTML
MOVIE QUIZ ANSWER SUGGESTIONS:
- MOVIES, IN A WORD!: Alien, Avatar, Beaches, Beetlejuice, Brazil, Carrie, Frozen, Ghostbusters, Hawaii, Nell, Psycho, Shane, Terminator, Titanic, Tron
- “FOREIGN” MOVIES!: African Queen; Brazil; Brighton Beach; Casablanca; Forget Paris; Chinatown; Hiroshima, Mon Amour; Mr. Holland’s Opus; Out of Africa; Quigly Down Under; Roman Holiday; The English Patient; The French Connection; The Italian Job; The Russians are Coming!
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?