Moondance 2016 Photo Album, News & Info!
“Start by doing what you are capable of; then do what is necessary; then do what is possible; and, suddenly, you are doing the impossible!” ~ Saint Francis of Assisi
2016 MOONDANCERS WRITE US:
• “Two Denver production companies, Main Man Films and SCY Pictures, have agreed to collaborate to produce LUDLOW and possibly create a “Band of Brothers” type of TV series based on the script and the Ludlow strike and massacre. By the way, the producers’ interest in the script can be traced directly to the Moondance Film Festival, for which I am very grateful. Thank you again for choosing LUDLOW, which shines a dramatic light on the 1914 coal miners’ strike in southern Colorado, as a 2016 script winner.” ~ Bruce Leaf
• “Music Between Us has been recently selected for the “Different Festival” at the Santa Fe Playhouse, and will receive 2 staged readings in October (I’ll travel to attend them). So once again – many thanks for selecting my play as the 2016 Moondance stageplay winner!” ~ Tal Rayman
• “Thank you so much for your consideration of my full-length play, “Resurruption” (a 2016 Moondance finalist). I am looking forward to submitting more work next year.” ~ Dave Cintron
• “Thanks for your good news about my film being an audience favorite film. It pleases me that the people in other parts of this earth have communicated and liked a subject from my home, Iran.” ~ Fazlollah Tari, director, short documentary film “Meeting With the Leaf “
Take a look at the cool photo album for the 2016 Moondance HERE
[table id=95 /]
ADRIAN, EE & ANNA AT AWARDS CEREMONY & RECEPTION
Congratulations! This note is to inform the winning 2016 writers listed below that your winning project has been selected for a free posting at InkTip.com. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for your special code for this free posting. Please post only the project that won the 2016 Moondance for this free prize offer:
- BORN TO FLY Joan Broadman
- DELI TAKEOUT Jim Norman
- DO YOU BELIEVE IN MAGIC? Lisa Sniderman
- FLY! Dave Chan
- JERUSALEM ROAD Simone Yehuda
- LUDLOW Bruce Leaf
- MUSIC BETWEEN US Tal Rayman
- SMILE: A MUSICAL Sarah Phillips
- THE BULLYING SQUAD Mike Murphy
- THE SOCK OPERA Janice Garden-Macdonald
- UNIT NINE Stephanie Frewen & Celine Gibson
ww.InkTip.com is the premiere website for talented writers to have their winning works seen by legitimate film directors, producers, literary agents & distributors, globally. Your contact at InkTip.com is Liz Rivera: email@example.com if you have any questions.
FOR INFO ON THE 2016 MOONDANCE, PLEASE GO TO THESE LINKS ON THE WEBSITE:
FILM PROGRAM • FILM DESCRIPTIONS • FILMS SCREENED • KEYNOTE & MASTER CLASS • WORKSHOPS • WINNERS, FINALISTS & SEMI-FINALISTS • NETWORKING EVENTS • AWARDS CEREMONY & RECEPTION • 2016 BEST ACTOR AWARDS • AUDIENCE FAVORITE FILMS • MOONDANCE SUCCESSES • MISSION STATEMENT • LAURELS DOWNLOAD
SWIMMING WITH DOLPHINS!
Innocence is newness. Be free to respond as your heart would, if only you’d let go of control. That’s where life happens. Dolphins don’t care about your past, how spiritual you are, what job you have. They respond to innocence of the heart; they love connecting with those who share a childlike quality. Being to being. Dolphins love babies and kids and because they are new each moment. Simply responding to the here and now. Innocent. Free of the stories, emotions, filters and boundaries that we adults take to heart and filter themselves through.
Please watch this Dolphin Tales video, by WildQuest resident videoographer, Atmo, and with the delightful Bimini Beat music, to see why diving underwater and getting up close and personal with these beloved creatures is uniquely transformative.
Bimini dolphins photo by Atmo, www.wildquest.com
~~~~~ Dolphin Tales Video ~~~~~
“The Beauty of Swimming with Wild Dolphins”
WildQuest, the Human-Dolphin Connection
Heifer has worked in Haiti since 1999. They currently serve nearly 30,000 families in 36 communities throughout the island. Heifer Haiti staff provided support Tuesday to more than 1,500 people in one of the regions hardest hit by Hurricane Matthew, acknowledging the level of need is staggering. Most of Haiti is severely deforested. Heifer Haiti is working to get food kits to the southern areas of the country that were hardest hit by Hurricane Matthew. Haiti is facing not only flooding, and an economic and social disaster, but a severe environmental one as well. The hurricane caused a huge loss…millions of dollars of losses in terms of crops and animals.
Haiti during hurricane Matthew, October 2016
More than 6,500 Heifer project families were affected: More than 675 hectares of crops, 5,000 goats, 70 % of the poultry, and more than 15 % of their pigs were killed in the storm. Farmers in the area were planning on harvesting crops rice, corn, papayas, and beans , but 4,500 hectares with 1,300 metric tons of food have been lost. More than 6,500 Heifer project families were affected, and the effects are likely to extend far beyond the immediate emergency. The biggest concerns are the loss of crops, livestock and housing. People will not have food to eat, clean water to drink, a place to live, or the ability to create income as there are no longer any crops or farm animals to sell.
A donation to our Disaster Rehabilitation Fund will provide families with
basic necessities for survival.
Heifer International is a nonprofit, non-governmental organization working with communities to end hunger and poverty while caring for the Earth.
SOME MORE THINGS TO THINK ABOUT:
“Time is the only coin of your life. Only you can determine how it will be spent.” ~ Carl Sandburg
Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must be first overcome. ~ Samuel Johnson
“Whatever you want to do, do it now. There are only so many tomorrows.” ~ Pope Paul VI
“You’ll never plow a field by just turning it over in your mind!” ~ Anonymous
Please subscribe to the blog & forward it to your creative artist colleagues!
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?
Thank you for your interest in the Moondance International Film Festival