MOONDANCE 2014 PHOTO ALBUM IS HERE!
2014 MOONDANCERS MADE A BIG SPLASH!
>>>>>>>>> MOONDANCE 2014 PHOTOS ARE HERE: <<<<<<<<<
Photos by Jessica Rose Studnick & Arden Tuncer
[table id=79 /]
Giancarlo Esposito was presented with the 2014 Moondance Living Legacy Award: This award is presented to honor and recognize talents in the film industry who have contributed most to insuring that everyone’s work is recognized and appreciated for its worth, who help others achieve success, and who have themselves contributed a vital body of work, and who and continue to contribute to this vital effort. The award is recognition of the recipient’s efforts to make something meaningful and valuable from one’s struggles to overcome that “grain of sand” often encountered, when trying to express oneself and succeed within the international film and entertainment industry., and a reminder of what exceptional things creative, talented and dedicated people can accomplish.
- TO SEE THE 2014 WINNERS LIST, GO HERE.
- TO SEE WHAT EACH OF THE AWARD CATEGORIES MEAN, GO HERE.
- TO SEE THE LIST OF AUDIENCE FAVORITE FILMS, GO HERE.
- THE 2014 MOONDANCE LAURELS for finalists, winners, selected films & audience favorite films are HERE.
If you were unable to attend the gala event, networking with people from the US & around the world, and want to receive your Moondance star award & official certificate, please GO HERE FOR THE ORDER FORM.The award & certificate are free, only the postage to mail it to you is needed. This offer expires on November 30, 2014.
IN THE NEWS:
Niagara-on-the-Lake writer awarded at prestigious festival
Gino Matteo, a playwright who splits his time between Niagara-on-the-Lake and Toronto, won a big prize at the Moondance Festival in Boulder, CO. for his play, “Nellie”.
Niagara-On-The-Lake Town Crier
It’s a play that was 45 years in the making.A Shakespeare scholar, Matteo said he’s always been interested in Nell Gwyn, someone many regard as a living embodiment of the spirit of Restoration England. Now, decades later, he has taken home top honours at the Moondance International Film Festival in Boulder, Co., winning the Best Stage Play category for doing just that.“It’s more than just the story of a dancer and a stage actress, it’s the story of decisions women – and men — have to make today, the trade-offs in life,” said Matteo of his play, Nellie. Winning at the Moondance Festival, could give him the momentum he needs to see his play make it to the stage, he said. “There are a lot of people paying attention to what happens there,” he said of the festival dedicated to honouring filmmakers, writers and composers who actively increase awareness and provide multiple viewpoints while addressing complex social issues. Matteo, who splits his time between Toronto and Niagara, is a University of Toronto Professor Emeritus and has several other projects in the works, including an animated feature and his debut novel. For more information, visit www.ginojmatteo.com.
HAPPY MOONDANCERS FROM AROUND THE WORLD WRITE US!
- “Thank you for all the great workshops, films, & everything you did to make Moondance Film Festival a success & a memorable event! Meeting producers, directors, writers, composers, and editors also made it well worth the trip! I look forward to seeing the photos from the festival and happy to get the word out for next year! Gunal’Cheesh!!! <–a Big Thank you, in Tlingit.” ~ Bo Boudart, co-director, winning feature doc film, “Walking in Two Worlds” & winning trailer, “Power Paths”, USA
- “We are very happy and delighted that we have been at your wonderful Moondance festival and got this amazing award… It was so inspiring and wonderful to meet you and also all the other great people you brought together through your festival.. We will never forget the terrific time we had with you all in Boulder …Now we will be starting soon with the development of our next draft “The Girl in the Moon” ~ Berith Schistek & Karl Benedikter, Austria, Atlantis Award for best foreign-language feature screenplay
- “I was thrilled to see my name listed as a Finalist for Television Pilot, and beside myself with excitement to learn I won the Spirit of Moondance award in that category. I am so looking forward to working with the Moondance team in promoting my work.” ~ Patricia Semler, winner, TV pilot, Stingray; Deep Sea Rescue, USA
- “I want to congratulate you on having created a wonderful event this year! I really enjoyed the time I spent at the Boulderado Hotel. Being able to chat briefly with Giancarlo Esposito at the special reception was a highlight, of course, in addition to seeing “Gospel Hill,” but I also met some very interesting individuals from the U.S., Canada and Germany.” ~ Ann Scarboro, USA
- “Moondance I found a wonderfully energizing experience. Its good for neurons, synapses, laugh muscle exercise, welcoming. Your festival gives a great many people a chance to speak to the world — it is truly international! — I was astonished and pleased, it covered the globe somehow. Moondance, you can dance alone, or with a partner, but I found it a conspiracy of creativity and imagination, best dance there is. Another note: I am getting lots of notice here in Canada from the Nellie award. Radio, newspapers, I go on breakfast TV on Thurs, Canadian Broadcasting Corp., CNN and the San Francisco Examiner entertainment TV. lead entertainment story” ~ Gino Mateo, Canada, Winner Atlantis Award, musical stageplay, “Nellie”
William, a 16 year-old musical prodigy from Canada, was a finalist & a winner at the 2014 Moondance for his film scores.
2014 FESTIVAL QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?