Please refresh this page for the most current news-blog!
“Flatirons-Moonset”, view from Boulder, Colorado / Photo by Charles Pfeil www.ArrowPhotos.com
INVITATION TO THE 2015 MOONDANCE INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
Moondance International Film Festival
September 7th & 8th, 2015
Beautiful Boulder, Colorado USA
The annual Moondance international Film Festival event is where you can have the best opportunity to network with colleagues, audiences, filmmakers, writers, composers, distribution executives, talent agents, international film industry celebrities & execs, and to promote your project or film industry services!
EVENTS AT THE FILM FESTIVAL:
- INDIE FILM SCREENINGS (documentaries, animation, music videos, feature & short films)
- PROFESSIONAL WORKSHOP FOR FILMMAKERS & WRITERS (Titles & Logines)
- PRODUCTIVE NETWORKING PARTIES & EVENTS
- PRIVATE CONSULTATIONS WITH THE PROS
- SPECIAL VIP CELEBRITY FILM
- Q&As WITH THE FILM DIRECTORS
- NETWORKING AFTER-PARTIES
- GALA AWARDS CEREMONY & RECEPTION!
Being fearless, Moondance is where monotonous conformity is considered mediocrity, and extravagant individualism, innovation, uniqueness and experimentation is encouraged, awarded and applauded!
COME JOIN US FOR THE 16th ANNUAL MOONDANCE!
September 7th & 8th,
6:PM – MidnightTickets available online & at the venue box office during the event days & times.
Check these links for 2015 festival info:
You are cordially invited to volunteer to help out at the film festival! All volunteers can earn free regular movie tickets for hours worked. Contact Meghan at: firstname.lastname@example.org
With “MIFF volunteer” in the subject line
“We here at Jim French Productions, Inc. were thrilled to learn this morning that the writers for our production: “The Beast of Hyndford” (a Sherlock Holmes full-cast audio drama pastiche) have been selected as winners in the Audio Drama Script category. Iain McLaughlin and Claire Bartlett (both in Scotland) and John Patrick Lowrie (here in Seattle, WA) are valuable contributing talent to our production company and to see them acknowledged so outside of the audio drama field is gratifying. Everyone we work with, from actors to writers to technicians are exceptional and make us what we are. We can’t thank you enough for the award and one of our representatives will be at Boulder this year to accept for them at the awards ceremony. Many thanks, “ ~ Jim French
“Thank you so much for advancing my script “CORNELIUS AND WILLOW” to the finals!! You have made my dreams come true!! Thank you! Blessings and Good Karma to you!!” ~ Melissa White
“Upon learning that my script “THE ASCENSION OF TWYLA POTTS” had won the 2015 Moondance International Film Festival, I did what any adult would do; I leapt about the room like a six-year-old in a tutu. I am honored to have received this prestigious award, and want to thank Elizabeth English for her enthusiastic and timely responses to all of my questions. What a rarity. And because of this festival, my work will finally receive the kind of professional exposure I have always dreamed of. The Moondance International Film Festival is, without question, the best!” ~ Fred Perry
“I can’t tell you how thrilled I was to learn that my audio drama script “5 LEVELS OF FEAR” is a winner in this year’s festival. What an honor. And a finalist spot for “Blue Velvet Box.” I’m over the moon! Moondance, although a film festival, is starting to get noticed by the audio drama community as a festival that is friendly to those of us who prefer to write and produce for the full-cast, fully sound-scaped spoken word. What an honor to be tapped by Moondance for a win. I look forward to meeting and talking with people at this year’s festival.” ~ Sable Jak
“I’m thrilled that “Hell’s Angel” was a winner for short screenplay!! We are hoping to raise the funds and shoot it this autumn. The award will really help with that, so THANK YOU!!” ~ Lou Hamilton, writer, director, producer, UK
“I am so honored to have been chosen as one of your winners in the 2015 Moondance! The feature screenplay I wrote, UNACCOMPANIED MINOR (Logline: A man accidentally uncovers a pedophilia ring and goes on the run with a young sex worker in order to save her life. Inspired by a true story.), will be greatly benefited by this prestigious win. It is inspired by the real life story of Rob Waterlander, and his efforts to bring awareness to child trafficking via airlines. Again, thank you so much for selecting my screenplay – what an amazing feeling it is!” ~ Kitania Kavey, the Netherlands
“I want to let you know how much your encouragement has meant to me. So many people have told me no one will ever produce the movie, because it’s a period piece with a female protagonist, ViCTORIA OF MURRAY HILL, and it won’t make money. Your belief in the project has kept me revising, trying to get the script as good as it can be. Who knows when the tides might turn.” ~ Kate Parks
“I just wanted to say a huge and heartfelt ‘thank you’ for the award being given to “The Beast of Hyndford” in the audio drama category. Claire Bartlette and I are both hugely surprised, delighted and very honoured. We became aware of the festival and the awards through Imagination Theater. In the past – and again this year – at Moondance you have highlighted the work of some remarkable storytellers who have told and continue to tell extraordinary stories. Claire and I are honoured to be alongside their number this year. We just wanted to send a heartfelt thank you to you and everyone involved for this honour. It means a great deal to us.” ~ Iain McLaughlin, Scotland
CHECK OUT THE MOONDANCE E-ZINE FOR THESE ARTICLES & MORE:
- Directing Actors in Film
- Documentary Films: 7 Tips for Success
- Don’t Walk! Action Tips for Writers
- First Impressions: Titles & Loglines
- Writing A Movie Script: 21 Things You Should Do To Get Your Screenplay Rejected
- How To Get An Agent: What Agents Want, (and Don’t Want), to See
- So, What’s The Story?
- Creating Character & Characterization in Screenplays
- Making a Great Promotional Trailer
- The Field of Dreams – Conflict as Metaphor
- Subtleties of Subtext: The True Art Of The Writer
- Moondance & Womenin Film, Writing & Music
- Music in Film
- Two Brads or Three? Adventures in Judging Screenplay Entries in a Film Festival
- Creating Winning Documentary Films
- Screenwriting: Insider Info
- Pitching Hollywood 2002: The Dolphin in the Shark-Pit
- Interview with Elizabeth English: Founder & Director of the Moondance Film Festival
- The Making of a Hollywood Film
- Radio Plays are Mind-Movies!
- Lights, Camera, Action ! Adventures in Judging Film Entries in a Film Festival
- Writers: Write What You Know!
- Making a Great Promotional Film Trailer
TITLES & LOGLINES
WORKSHOP FOR WRITERS & FILMMAKERS
Presented by Elizabeth English
Monday, September 7th, 2-4 PM
Conference area Plaza Garden
- SELL THE SIZZLE; NOT JUST THE STEAK!
- WRITING DYNAMIC TITLES AND LOGLINES
- HOW NOT TO WRITE A LOGLINE
- WHAT YOU SHOULD DO
- LET’S WRITE A GREAT TITLE & LOGLINE
- ADAPTING YOUR LOGLINE TO YOUR READER’S INTEREST
- YOU CAN SELL YOUR PROJECT WITH THE TITLE & LOGLINE ALONE!
Click here to see our
SOME THINGS TO THINK ABOUT
“If I could give you just one gift ever for the rest of your life it would be the gift of confidence.” ~ David Nicholls
“The most precious thing that anyone can have is the goodwill of others.” ~ Anne Parish
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” ~ Abraham Lincoln
“Follow your bliss, and the universe will open doors where there once were only walls.” ~ Joseph Campbell
Please forward this news-blog to your creative artist colleagues!
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?