A BIG MOONDANCE THANKS & FESTIVAL INSIDER TIPS FOR FILMMAKERS!
September 26, 27, 28, in beautiful Boulder, Colorado, USA
The 2014 competition submission period has ended. Thanks a million for all the wonderful submissions received from talented artists from around the world for this truly international film festival!
Our festival competitions have brought in great submissions, in all genres and categories, from Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Belgium, Bosnia, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Curaçao, Cyprus, Egypt, Estonia, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, India, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Madagascar, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mexico, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Russia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tasmania, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Republic, the UK, the US, and Venezuela!
• Winners, finalists & semi-finalists will be announced in August, in the news-blog & on the website
• The 2015 Moondance competition will open on December 1, 2014
PLANNED EVENTS AT THE 2014 MOONDANCE FILM FESTIVAL:
September 26, 27, 28, in Beautiful Boulder, Colorado, USA
- INDIE FILM SCREENINGS! (Features, shorts, documentaries, animation, trailers & music videos)
- PROFESSIONAL WORKSHOPS & MASTER CLASSES!
- PITCH-PANELS FOR WRITERS, FILMMAKERS & COMPOSERS!
- PRODUCTIVE FREE NETWORKING PARTIES & EVENTS!
- PRIVATE CONSULTATIONS WITH THE PROS!
- NATURE FILM & HIKE WITH THE FILMMAKER
- NATIVE AMERICAN BLESSING CEREMONY & DRUM CIRCLE
- CELEBRITY MASTER CLASS ON ACTING FOR TV
- MINGLE WITH CELEBRITY ATTENDEES!
- SPECIAL VIP CELEBRITY FILM, Q&A WITH THE DIRECTOR + PRIVATE RECEPTION
- GALA AWARDS CEREMONY & RECEPTION!
- & much more!
ADVANCE 2014 MOONDANCE FILM FESTIVAL TICKET SALES, COMING SOON!
Moondancers are part of an amazing worldwide community; a unique collaboration of multi-talented writers, film score composers and filmmakers. The Moondance mission is to entertain, inform, inspire, encourage and educate. We honor those artists who, through their creative work, actively increase awareness, provide multiple viewpoints, address complex social issues, and strengthen ties between international audiences At Moondance, you can come together with film audiences, filmmakers, writers, directors, producers, actors and composers to be entertained, create new opportunities, develop tools for success and forge new alliances within the international film and entertainment industry.
- Being fearless & bold, Moondance is a film festival where monotonous conformity is considered mediocrity, and extravagant individualism, innovation, uniqueness and experimentation is encouraged, awarded and applauded!
• ANNOUNCEMENTS OF 2014 MOONDANCE WINNERS, FINALISTS & SEMI-FINALISTS WILL BE MADE IN THIS NEWS-BLOG & ON THE WEBSITE IN AUGUST.
• THE 2014 FESTIVAL EVENTS, WORKSHOPS & PITCH-PANEL SCHEDULES WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN THIS NEWS-BLOG & ON THE WEBSITE IN AUGUST.
• THE 2014 FILM SCREENING SCHEDULE WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN THIS NEWS-BLOG & ON THE WEBSITE IN SEPTEMBER.
JUDGING FILMS TO SCREEN AT MOONDANCE!
Moondance considers many films when selecting the best for our festival. We strive for excellence, bringing unique and quality films to the screen. So when judging our films, Moondance asks these questions:
- Does the story come first! Is it a unique story that is well-told? Or an old story, told in a unique way?
- Does it have the highest quality of imagery, camerawork, direction, acting, dialog, editing, sound & lighting, framing, film score & costuming?
- Does the film express its story or issue clearly?
- Is it much too long? Could it have told the same story, or about the issue, in less total running time?
- Is the editing seamless, invisible?
- Is the film score/music top quality & appropriate to the story, action & various scenes?
- Will it be of interest to, & be entertaining for, our varied film audiences?
- Are women & girls depicted in a positive manner?
- Are there scenes of gratuitous violence? (If so, it probably will not be selected.)
- Will it sell movie tickets?
- Does it work with our mission, and enhance the image, brand & reputation of Moondance?
• All of these elements are seriously considered for feature & short narrative films, documentary films, animation films, & music videos.
MOONDANCERS WRITE US:
“Congratulations on how well Moondance has grown, and all the encouragement it must bring to your entrants — good stuff.” ~ Gino Matteo, Spain & Canada, screenwriter
“I am student filmmaker looking to showcase my work in public places to raise awareness about my work. Through public screenings, I seek to personally gain awareness about who could become my potential audience. The Moondance Film Festival showcases multiple screenings of short films to a plethora of guests, which is perfect because reaching a diverse audience will very much help me find a potential audience. Your festival is an amazing program and I would love to be a part of it!” ~ Seong-Tae Han
SOME THINGS TO THINK ABOUT:
“We are tied to the ocean, and when we go back to the sea, we are going back from whence we came.” ~ John F. Kennedy
“On the highway of life, we most often recognize happiness out of a rear-view mirror.” ~ Frank Tyger
“There are three types of players: those who make it happen, those who just watch it happen, and those who wonder what happened.” ~ Tommy Lasorda
“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” ~ Alice Walker
2014 FESTIVAL QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?
PLEASE READ & SUBSCRIBE TO THE POPULAR MOONDANCE NEWS-BLOG
AND JOIN THE MOONDANCE INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL GROUP
• Moondance ranks in the top 5% for all profile views at LinkedIn
& has 6,564+ LinkedIn followers, & 367 on Twitter, to date!