2014 Moondance Winners Announced!
Congratulations, 2014 Moondance Winners!
All of the exceptionally talented & creative 2014 Moondance winners are to be congratulated on their wonderful projects submitted to the film festival. Bravo & brava! Applause & big hugs all around! You will find that doors will open for you as a Moondance winner. Please let us know of your successes!
• TO SEE THE WINNERS LIST, GO HERE.
• TO SEE WHAT EACH OF THE AWARD CATEGORIES MEAN, GO HERE.
• TO SEE THE LIST OF AUDIENCE FAVORITE FILMS, GO HERE.
• If you were unable to attend the gala event, networking with people from the US & around the world, and want to receive your Moondance star award & official certificate, please GO HERE FOR THE ORDER FORM.The award & certificate are free, only the postage to mail it to you is needed. This offer expires on November 30, 2014.
• THE 2014 MOONDANCE LAURELS for finalists, winners, selected films & audience favorite films are HERE.
Moondance 2014 Was a Fabulous Event!
Thanks to all the participants, indie film buffs & festival attendees, workshops & master classes presenters, filmmakers, writers and music composers, as well as our dedicated & hard-working staff and many volunteers, the 15th annual Moondance International Film Festival in beautiful Boulder, Colorado was a big hit and the best one, ever! Our entertaining & inspiring films, workshops & master classes, the networking parties & private consultations with the pros were very successful & productive for all, while new friends and important contacts were made. We look forward to your next competition submissions, and to seeing you at the next Moondance International Film Festival!
Let’s all make a big splash!
• The 2014 PHOTO ALBUM IS COMING SOON! •
TO OUR ENTHUSIASTIC INDIE FILM AUDIENCES, WORKSHOP & MASTER CLASS PARTICIPANTS, NETWORKING PARTY-GOERS & ALL FESTIVAL ATTENDEES
• GIANCARLO ESPOSITO
• PAMELA CLIFTON MALZBENDER: Events Coordinator
• DANIEL DIBELLA: Film Screenings Coordinator
• ELIZABETH ENGLISH: Festival Executive Director & Artistic Director
• CATHY LETTS: Volunteers Coordinator
• ANITA SIMON: Registrations & Ticketing Coordinator
• LEA ANN SULLIVAN: Promotions & Marketing Coordinator & Money Wrangler
• BARBARA LAWSON: Workshops & Master Class Coordinator
• KATHRYN RALEY: Sponsorships & Advertising Coordinator
• MARTA LINDROSE: Mermaid’s Market Coordinator
• SUSAN HARVEY: Awards Coordinator & Money Wrangler
• MARKUS WEINFURTER: Film Projectionist
• DALE DIMASSI: Film Projectionist
• NEAL THOMPSON: Film Projectionist
• MIGUEL CARSON: Festival Security & Guy Friday
• DORIA BRAMANTE: Festival Videographer
• JESSICA ROSE STUDNICK: Festival Photographer
• ARDEN TUNCER: Festival Photographer
WORKSHOP & MASTER CLASS PRESENTERS:
• GIANCARLO ESPOSITO
• LINDA SEGER
• JOSEPH CONSENTINO
• SANDRA CONSENTINO
• SABLE JAK
• TIM KNOFLER
• JEFFREY MICHAEL BAYS
• JOHN DORYK
• TRAI CARTWRIGHT
• ELIZABETH ENGLISH
• E. J. CATER
AWARDS CEREMONY MUSICIAN:
• MICHAEL DELALLA
CELEBRITY RECEPTION MUSICIAN:
• LYNN PATRICK
BOULDERAD HOTEL EVENTS STAFF:
• LINDA CURATOLO: Senior Events Manager
• LYNN BREWER: Audio-Visual Services Coordinator
• MARTIN HAMMER: Food & Beverage Manager
AND, LAST BUT NOT LEAST:
• ALL OUR FESTIVAL SUPPORT CREW & VOLUNTEERS!
MOONDANCERS FROM AROUND THE WORLD!
Moondancers are part of an amazing worldwide community; a unique collaboration of multi-talented writers, film score composers and filmmakers. The Moondance mission is to entertain, inform, inspire, encourage and educate. We honor those artists who, through their creative work, actively increase awareness, provide multiple viewpoints, address complex social issues, and strengthen ties between international audiences At Moondance, you can come together with film audiences, filmmakers, writers, directors, producers, actors and composers to create new opportunities, develop tools for success and forge new alliances within the international film and entertainment industry. In our continuing efforts to promote top-quality original filmmaking, writing and music composition by talented artists from around the world, the Moondance International Film Festival is very pleased to announce that our festival competitions & events have brought in great submissions, in all categories, from: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Belgium, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Curaçao, Cyprus, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Iceland, India, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Korea, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mexico, Montenegro, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tasmania, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Republic, the UK & US, Venezuela, and more!
HAPPY MOONDANCERS WRITE US!
• “I wanted to wish you all the best for the festival this year with its stunning line-up. It is a great honour to see my name listed with so many highly thought of names of exceptional, world-class calibre. The Moondance International Film Festival, with its inclusive policy and opportunity for entry across many different mediums, makes it a fantastic showcase for artists hoping to expand their portfolio, raise their achievements and aspirations by trying out new areas of work in a safe and supportive environment and gain recognition on an international stage with a high reputation. I will enter again next year!” ~ Philippa Rae (UK)
• “We are very honored to have been selected to screen at the Moondance International Festival in Boulder. Thank you for choosing us from among your many applicants.” ~ Meredith Dreiss & David Brown, Producer and Directors of “Agave is Life”
• “I just wanted to wish you all the best for the coming weekend. The programme looks amazing and you’ve done a great job of promoting it. Thank you again for including us in your festival! We’ll certainly be having a champagne to celebrate the screening” ~ Pennie Hunt, director of “Earth, Hell, Heaven” (Germany)
• “I would like to thank you for giving us the chance to live our first film festival with our son William’s nomination in the film score category. What a great weekend we had! We were even more thrilled with his winning of the Dolphin award. I can assure you that in Quebec, people will hear about the Moondance Film Festival as William already got a lot of press coverage just as a young composer finalist at your festival. Medias have already contacted us for interviews.
Again, thank you very much for everything and for your devotion towards this amazing festival. (The award news) award he was all over the local radio and newspaper. He had a live radio interview Tuesday morning and will be on a local television documentary show called “Life in the Townships” next Friday. All of this thanks to you and your wonderful Moondance film festival! I attribute a lot of the credit to Moondance for the reason that it allows film composers to participate in its festival in a category for film music, as opposed to other film festivals who don’t. Also, by encouraging young artists to submit their work in the contest, Moondance helps build self-confidence of these young creators of tomorrow.” ~ Nathalie Bourassa, Canada, William B. Bennett’s mother
• “I am writing to say how thrilled I am to have won a Moondance Gaia Award. I wish so much that I wish I could have been in Boulder to receive it. I am pleased about the award, but I am also glad because it means you really ‘got’ my piece – understood that I was trying to write something larger than an ordinary drama. All of the issues held within mean so much to me. I don’t know what else to say. Just: thank you.” ~ Colleen Burns, Feature screenplay, “Desert Rain”
• “Thank you so very much for announcing my short screenplay for kids as a winner at this year’s Moondance Film Festival. Despite having been advised by you of the win, to see it listed on your site filled me with shock and joy all over again. Your festival is so highly regarded and respected that it is truly a great honour to be able to tell friends and family that my name is included amongst the winners of 2014. Again, thank you so much for your wonderful festival and your support.” ~ Troy Graham, (Australia) Winner – short screenplay for kids – When You Wish
• “I saw on your website that my short film OMUL just won a wonderful award at your amazing Moondance-Film Festival!!! I am so happy and grateful! Now I am working on financing my first feature film, and your award helps a lot!” ~ Brigitte Drodtloff, Germany
Close-knit and led by strong females, elephant herds protect each other. Our herd of elephant activists couldn’t be luckier to have two powerhouse women with us: Hillary and Chelsea Clinton. As former Secretary of State, Hillary has used diplomacy to secure commitments from leaders in Africa – who are facing the loss of their treasured elephants – and Asia and the United States, which fuel the ivory market.
Chelsea, as Vice Chair of the Clinton Foundation, led the formation of the “Partnership to Save Africa’s Elephants.” That is the commitment we made at last year’s Clinton Global Initiative, alongside six African nations and other NGOs, that launched the 96 Elephants campaign to stop the killing, stop the trafficking and stop the demand.
But it doesn’t end there. Hillary and Chelsea have repeatedly brought up the plight of elephants in every possible setting, from major media interviews to diplomatic venues, to small speeches and gatherings with friends. We’ve seen great victories over the past year, but with a brand new study confirming that we’ve lost 100,000 elephants over the past three years, JOIN US IN TELLING THEM THANKS FOR THEIR COMMITMENT >>
2014 FESTIVAL QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?