2014 MOONDANCE EARLY-BIRD DISCOUNTED ENTRY FEE!
• OUR 2014 CALL-FOR-ENTRIES IS NOW OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS! •
Get in on the discounted 2014 Early-Bird entry fee of only $50,
with your submission postmarked by December 31, 2013!
PLEASE VISIT OUR OFFICIAL MOONDANCE WEBSITE
THREE EASY WAYS TO SUBMIT YOUR PROJECTS TO
THE 2014 MOONDANCE (in order of MIFF preference):
2. ACTEVA: www.acteva.com/go/miff
3. WAB: www.withoutabox.com/login/1240
Film submissions to Moondance, through Withoutabox, are now eligible for IMDb.com qualifying status, which grants filmmakers a fast-tracked IMDb.com title page once a submission has been completed and tracked “In Consideration”. Currently, only film projects are eligible for an IMDb title page through Withoutabox; screenplays, TV projects, webisodes, music videos, and other projects are ineligible.
Screenwriters: All 2014 winning screenplays can be posted, for free, at www.inktip.com, as a special consideration for Moondance screenwriters. Producers, directors, acquisition execs, managers, and literary agents regularly seek screenplays and talented writers at the InkTip.com website. This year, producers and reps used InkTip to option, purchase, hire, and represent more than 190 scripts and writers! This has resulted in 35 movies going into production in 2013 alone! Inktip.com gets your script into the right hands! Get a jump on 2014 by listing your scripts now.
SCROLL ON DOWN TO READ:
MOONDANCE VALUES & GOALS!
NELSON MANDELA: IN MEMORIAM
OF INTEREST: GENDER ROLES IN MEDIA!
SOME THINGS TO THINK ABOUT!
MOONDANCE VALUES & GOALS:
• Enrich, inspire and entertain a global audience
• Absolute top quality in every film we screen and every screenplay we promote
• Exceeding international film and entertainment industry expectations
• Trust, reliability, respect and integrity in all of our relationships
• Continuous improvement, innovation and embracing change
• Teamwork and open, honest communication
• Creating a productive, creative and rewarding environment
• Encouraging and rewarding non-violent conflict resolution in films and television
• Promoting total equity for all writers, filmmakers, and composers, worldwide
• Raise awareness, inspire action and reward creative endeavors to preserve Earth’s natural
• FOR MORE INFO ON THE MOONDANCE MISSION, VISIT THE WEBSITE: www.moondancefilmfestival.com
“I have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all persons live together in harmony, and with equal opportunities. It is an ideal which I live for and hope to achieve.” ~ Nelson Mandela July 18, 1918 – December 6, 2013
SOME THINGS TO THINK ABOUT (IN TRIBUTE TO NELSON MANDELA)
“We come into this world naked, and we leave this world naked. What remains is only the goodness we have accomplished.” ~ Yehuda Berg
“You’ll never plow a field by turning it over in your mind!” ~ Anonymous
“A crust of bread eaten in peace is better than an entire banquet eaten in chaos, fear and anxiety.” ~ The Buddha
“If one softly grasps a nettle, it stings you. But grasp it firmly, and it feels soft as silk.” ~ The Buddha, (on dealing with problems & difficult people)
“Nothing splendid has ever been achieved except by those who dared to believe that something inside them was superior to circumstance.” Bruce Barton
OF INTEREST: GENDER IN MEDIA*
Wonder Woman to hit the big screen in “Man of Steel” sequel: Wonder Woman will finally make her Hollywood film debut in the sequel in the works to “Man of Steel.” Gal Gadot will play the role of Wonder Woman in the film. “Wonder Woman is arguably one of the most powerful female characters of all time and a fan favorite in the DC Universe,” director Zack Snyder said. Daily News (New York)
N.Y. Film Academy: Men had 70% of speaking parts in 2012’s 100 biggest-grossing films: Despite the high-profile box offices successes of female character-led films like “Gravity” and “The Hunger Games” series, in 2013 gender bias remains entrenched in Hollywood, and the overwhelming majority of feature film speaking roles remain filled by men, according to findings from the New York Film Academy. The school looked at data between 2007 and 2012 and found that 70% of speaking parts in 2012’s 100 biggest-grossing movies were performed by men. The Huffington Post
Women-led “Catching Fire,” “Frozen” break holiday box-office records: Female character-led films dominated the Thanksgiving holiday box office, delivering record-breaking numbers and a blow to the notion that women-centered movies can’t deliver strong financial results. “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire” posted the best Thanksgiving weekend of any movie ever with $110 million over five days, and “Frozen” delivered Disney’s biggest ever opening for the holiday with $93 million in box office sales. TheWrap.com
For more information visit: www.seejane.org
Watch & listen to the serene music on this lovely video on the way of the traditional Thai Forest Monks*: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCJi3u_KmQQ&feature=player_detailpage
- This hour-long video is very slow to start, but it’s worth the wait!
The Rainforest Alliance has helped communities worldwide conserve the rainforests and farmland they need to earn a living. They have introduced sustainable practices across millions of acres of land and created benefits for an estimated 11 million people. Over the past year, they’ve achieved great things. The total number of Rainforest Alliance Certified™ farms soared to 894,000. We also certified an additional 17 million acres of forestland, making the total area of responsibly managed rainforests larger than the state of Texas! http://www.rainforest-alliance.org/
~~ Thanks for reading & subscribing to the Moondance news blog! ~~
* If you click on REPLY, to ask a question or make a comment on this newsletter, please change the subject line. Otherwise, I have to scroll through the entire newsletter again to hopefully find your message at the bottom! Thanks! ~~Elizabeth ;o)