The 2015 Moondance competition is now open
Please send us your best films, scripts, stories, music and more!
1. Read the Submission Guidelines here.
2. Submit your entry form online here.
Or you may Download in PDF format the following forms:
O submit and pay for your entry through Withoutabox.com.
3. Include a Logline of the Written or Filmed submission
A logline is a short, approximately 25-word (in one or two sentences), description of the script, story or film.
4. Gather Submission Materials
Either a copy of the Screenplay, Play, Teleplay, etc. (Industry Standard Format), or a copy of the Short or Feature Film, (NTSC DVD, BLU-RAY or PAL).
Do not send film stills, promotional material or media release with your submission. If your film is selected for screening, we will request the stills at that time.
5. Include the Entry Fee
If you are not paying your entry fee via PayPal:
For US submissions we accept: Bank checks, US postal money orders, American Express
For foreign submissions we accept: International postal money order in US$, International bank cheque in US$, American Express cheque in US$
Please write the title of your submission on the check.
Please Note DEADLINES
EARLY-BIRD POSTMARK DEADLINE: DEC.1-JAN.31 FEE: $50
REGULAR POSTMARK DEADLINE: JAN.1-JULY15FEE: $75 EXTENDED!!!
LATE POSTMARK DEADLINE: JULY16-JULY31 FEE: $100
ALL FEES MUST BE IN US $ DOLLARS
* up to 3 short stories for single fee
6. Check Required Format Requirements
- FILMS: DVD in NTSC or PAL region 0 or 1
- WRITTEN WORKS: ON PAPER, BOUND, STAPLED OR WITH FASTENERS
- MUSIC: CD OR DVD in NTSC or PAL region 0 or 1
- DIGITAL SUBMISSIONS OF FILMS, WRITTEN WORKS & ORIGINAL MUSIC ARE WELCOMED & ACCEPTED! IF A FILM IS SELECTED FOR SCREENING AT THE FILM FESTIVAL, A DVD OR BLU-RAY (IN NTSC OR PAL FORMAT) WILL BE REQUESTED & REQUIRED.
Short Film: Up To 30 Minutes
Short Script: Up To 30 Pages
Short Story: Up To 7550 Words
Feature Film: 31-120 Minutes
Feature Script: 90-130 Pages
Stageplay: 1, 2 or 3-act
7. Writers, please read the “Writers Read This” submission tips.
8. Filmmakers, please read the “Filmmakers Read This” submission tips.
9. Mail completed submission packet to:
Moondance Film Festival
970 9th Street
Boulder, CO. 80302 USA
Note: All submissions must be postmarked on or before the submission deadline.
POSTMARK DEADLINE: June 30, 2014