~~~ Let’s make a big splash! ~~~
Photo by Clark Little
In our continuing success of promoting multicultural, top-quality original filmmaking, writing and music composition by talented artists from around the world, the Moondance International Film Festival is very pleased to announce that our annual festival competitions have brought in great submissions, in all genres and categories, from Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Belgium, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Czech Republic, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Curaçao, Cyprus, Dubai, Egypt, Estonia, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, India, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxemburg, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mexico, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Peru, Poland, Russia, Serbia/Montenegro, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Syria, Tasmania, Turkey, UAR, Ukraine, the UK, the US, Venezuela, and more! Please do join us!
The 2017 Moondance International Film Festival is offering free competition submissions for filmmakers, writers & music composers from Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen, the seven countries whose immigrant and refugee artists and others who were recently banned from entering the United States.
MOONDANCE IN THE INTERNATIONAL NEWS!
- Well-written article about Moondance and that we are offering free entry fees for those filmmakers in the 7 countries banned from entering the US. READ IT HERE
- Moondancers are part of an amazing worldwide community; a unique collaboration of multi-talented, multi-cultural writers, film score composers and filmmakers. The Moondance mission is to entertain, inform, inspire, encourage and educate. We honor those artists who, through their creative work, actively increase awareness, provide multiple viewpoints, address complex social issues, and strengthen ties between international audiences At Moondance, you can come together with other writers, directors and producers to create new opportunities, develop tools for success and forge new alliances within the international film and entertainment industry.
Moondance 2017 is very pleased to announce that the entire film festival this season will be online! How the online film festival works: all selected films will have a photo still & mini-synopsis/logline on the Moondance website, with a private link and pass-code to the film on Vimeo. All submissions are to be entered online, and all winning & selected films will be screened online. No need to burn a DVD or Blu-ray and sending it to the film festival. Now your film will have the opportunity for a local & an international audience of many thousands of viewers to preview it, on a computer or any mobile device, for a long time to come, instead of maybe an audience of 50-100 or so, screened only once at a local film festival’s theatrical venue. The online film festival dates will be announced in July, but is expected to open for selected film screenings in late August or early September. This is truly today’s preferred, state-of-the-art & most important global promotional & networking advantage!
MOONDANCE 2017 CALL-FOR-ENTRIES:
Accepting submissions NOW through June 30, 2017
With this internationally well-respected film festival, now in our 18th successful season, we aim to provide multiple viewpoints, address complex social issues, provide a forum for deliberation, and strengthen ties between a wide variety of local, regional, national and international audiences. Our mission is to present vibrant and memorable, accessible, relatable stories on film, which is an ideal means for communication across perceived boundaries of race, culture, place, and situation or circumstance, as well as age and gender.
PLEASE VISIT THESE PAGES ON THE WEBSITE FOR MORE INFO:
- Narrative feature, short, documentary, drone & animation films • Feature & short screenplays •Film scores • Short stories, stageplays & radio plays • short films & scripts for & by kids • TV pilots, episodics, drone films…and many more!
Moondance is also accepting submissions at:
No submissions via Withoutabox.com!
(WAB is not prepared for listing online film festival events.)
The Moondance International Film Festival invites all talented US & International filmmakers, writers and music composers to submit their films, written works and film scores to its 18th annual season.
Moondance is known as the “American Cannes” of film festivals, and features the very best of indie films, music & writing by talented artists from around the world. Plan now to participate in this unique competition and film festival! For the last 17 years, the annual Moondance International Film Festival has showcased many hundreds of top-quality award-winning indie films, and promoted filmmakers, writers, composers, actors, industry professionals and media, from around the world.
MOONDANCERS WRITE US:
“You did great job, it is wonderful. I think it is awesome you are providing free submissions to the seven countries that are currently banned from entering the USA. I want to say thank you very much, like always, for all your kindness.” ~ Mahmoud Shoolizadeh
“In 2011, I attended Moondance with my film “Women In The Dirt”. I was impressed with your film knowledge and your sensitivity to the needs of filmmakers. Along with enjoying my first trip to Boulder, I was also happily surprised to find the audiences and participants to be thoughtful and engaged.” ~ Carolann Stoney
“If the boy and the girl walk off into the sunset hand-in-hand in the last scene, it adds ten million dollars to the box office.” ~ George Lucas
INVINCIBLE AND UNSILENCED: WOMEN IN THE WORLD
“Nevertheless, she persists!”
WVN is a non-profit organization that promotes the free expression of the worldwide struggle for women’s civil, economic, political, and gender rights. Through free online content and community-based events with global partners, WVN creates platforms that connect conscientious art and media creators, activists, filmmakers, audiences, and advocacy organizations in an effort to shape and change public consciousness and policies on women’s rights. Using the medium of film, we strive to create an interconnected, mobilized women’s rights community that works together to improve the status of women worldwide. In addition to their annual film festival, Women’s Voices Now is home to the “Netflix of feminist films,” a free online archive with over 200 international women’s rights films that can be viewed for free from anywhere in the world. For more information: womensvoicesnow.org
What Lies Beneath
By Dr. Linda Seger
Whether you’re writing a sweet romance, an action-thriller, a tragedy, or a laugh-out-loud comedy, Linda Seger’s enlightening collection of unique, detailed, professional insider tips on the vital importance of including subtext for the success of your screenplay will keep you captivated, while you explore the special magic involved in fine storytelling, firsthand. A constructive guide for screenwriters, novelists, short-story writers & filmmakers.
STUDIO-TYPE COVERAGE OF YOUR SCRIPT OR FILM!
Ready to get your screenplay or film on the right track?
- 7seas Productions now offers script reading services, critiques, coverage and edits to all screenwriters, playwrights & filmmakers, and to production companies and agencies, at very special discount prices!
- Focusing on the elements crucial to creating a compelling and readable script, and/or a winning, marketable film, as well as title, logline & synopsis consultation, our helpful comments will allow you to concentrate on solving the problems that will make your material move toward receiving a CONSIDER or a RECOMMENDED from a studio or production company reader, and will assist in advancing your script or film up toward WINNER in screenwriting competitions & film festivals.
- An advantage of this low-cost critique service is that we will help you prepare your screenplay before sending it to screenwriting competitions, film producers, agents, managers and others who may have requested it. FOR MORE INFO, CLICK HERE.
- 7seas Productions annually produces the Moondance International Film Festival, and also offers film festival start-up consultations!
SOME THINGS TO THINK ABOUT:
No more lies. No more blame. No more hate. No more fear.
- “We should never forget that whenever leaders seek to divide, demonise and repress people, there are always people willing to stand up and get in the way. Building a sustainable movement for change starts with this simple act of defiance. Never has it been so urgent to stand up and get in the way.” ~ Salil Shetty, Secretary General, Amnesty International
• “The big question this year will be how far the world lets atrocities go before doing something about them. Our report calls on you, on all of us, around the world to stand up against the politics of fear, blame and hate. 2017 needs human rights heroes.” ~ Kerry Moscogiuri, Amnesty International UK • WATCH THIS POWERFUL VIDEO HERE
“Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist when we grow up.” ~ Pablo Picasso
“As computers know, the past is mere storage, to be called upon as the present calculation requires.” ~ John Updike, “Villages”
“A story is like a moving train; no matter where you hop on board, you are bound to reach your destination, sooner or later.” ~ Khaled Hoseini, “And the Mountains Echoed”
Please forward this newsletter-blog to your creative artist colleagues!
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?