CALL-FOR-ENTRIES DEADLINE REMINDER:
The 2012 Moondance submission deadline is coming up!
Get your entry in NOW for this great opportunity
to showcase your talents and win the Moondance!
POSTMARK DEADLINE: JUNE 30, 2012
(not required to be received by this date, just postmarked)
3 EASY WAYS TO SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY:
Thanks a million for all the many fine entries we’ve received so far!
MOVIEBYTES.COM lists Moondance as one of the top ten film festival competitions worth the entry fee!
“There are several, but perhaps far too few, careful and caring screenplay contests – and there are endless masses of the careless and badly-run. Sadly, we eager learners of this craft don’t usually find out until the contest is done. Your thorough (yet warm) E-zine article and your poised replies to my email have helped me feel, with confidence, that my money for y’alls feedback is happily well-spent.”~ Amy Bailey, screenwriter
Last chance to have Moondance’s very popular reader, Cynthia Butler, write a one-page critique and assessment of your work submitted to Moondance as a screenplay, stageplay, teleplay or up to 3 short stories. Check off the box for critiques on the Moondance entry form. The fee is a discounted $50 for each critique requested!
BE SURE YOU’RE SUBSCRIBED TO OUR POPULAR NEWS BLOG in order to be kept up-to-date about all of the Moondance deadlines, news, announcements, vital articles and insider tips!
SCROLL ON DOWN FOR MORE NEWS, INFO & ARTICLES OF INTEREST!
Moondance is always independent, uncensored, totally unfettered, often irreverent, sometimes controversial, always entertaining, and definitely not beholden to any special interests! We select films, written works and music with these criteria: a unique story, well-told.
Moondancers are part of an amazing worldwide entertainment community; a unique collaboration of multi-talented writers, filmmakers, and film score composers. The Moondance mission is to entertain, inform, inspire, encourage and educate. We honor those artists who, through their creative work, actively increase awareness, provide multiple viewpoints, address complex social issues, and strengthen ties between international audiences. At Moondance, you can come together with other writers, directors and producers to create new opportunities, develop tools for success and forge new alliances within the international film and entertainment industry.
In our continuing efforts to promote & provide top-quality original filmmaking, writing and music composition by talented artists from around the world, the Moondance International Film Festival is very pleased to announce that our festival competitions have brought in great submissions, in all categories, from these countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Belgium, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Curaçao, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Korea, Macao, Malta, Marshall Islands, Netherlands, New Zealand, Russia, Serbia/Montenegro, Singapore, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tasmania, Thailand, Turkey, UK, United Arab Republic, USA, Venezuela and Viet Nam!
THE MOONDANCE MOTTO:
Seek beauty, truth, harmony…the promise of the future and the blessings of today. Live well, laugh often, love much, gain the respect & the love of children; fill your niche, accomplish your tasks; leave the world better than you found it. Appreciate Earth’s beauties & express it. Look for the best in others and give the best you have.
PLAN NOW TO ATTEND THE 13th ANNUAL
MOONDANCE INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL!
SEPTEMBER 14, 15, 16, 2012
IN NEW YORK CITY!
Presented by Winsome Sinclair & Associates (WSA)
Moondance is known as the “American Cannes” of film festivals, and features the very best of US and international foreign and indie films, professional workshops, pitch panels, and fabulous networking parties & events. Come to be entertained, encouraged and inspired at this annual world-class event! Plan now to participate in this unique film festival event: September 14, 15, 16, 2012, and help celebrate our 13th annual Moondance Film Festival!
MOONDANCERS WRITE US!
• “Moondance International Film Festival looks deeply meaningful and exciting! As an award-winning filmmaker, artist, and author of articles about how to transform patriarchy, I believe in the power of creativity to transform lives. I think you—with your belief in the ability of film to raise awareness, educate, inspire new ways of seeing the world, ourselves and others, and create great social change— (and) celebrating the transformative power of creativity, (which can be) used to promote creativity as an alternative to violence.” ~ Imogene Drummond, filmmaker
• “Thank you for your article “Two Brads or Three?” on your website (E-Zine). It was more than helpful; it was encouraging and honest. Your observations were keen, yet your arms were open and welcoming. The great thing about your article is it has really helped me rethink how I should enter any screenplay contest – in many ways, but especially in not waiting till final deadlines. And, after reading your words, I submitted to your film festival screenplay competition and plan to mail the script today.” ~ Amy Bailey, screenwriter
• “I read your article on the Moondance website, “Two Brads or Three” and I thought it was lovely. It made me want to enter your screenplay contest – so this Monday, I will.” ~ Amy Rhinehart Bailey (OC Screenwriters group)
• “I am once again so overwhelmed by the beauty, sensitivity, information, helpful tips, beautiful photography, and artwork in your blog, that I felt compelled to write to you immediately. You have, as usual, put together a news blog of wonderfully helpful information done as a work of art itself. As an artist and a writer, I am most appreciative of your marvelous achievement. I also know how much effort and care you take in helping writers and artists.” Lorna Kanter, screenwriter
Slowly move the cursor from the center to the right, then back all the way to the left. Amazing imagery!
• Articles, recommendations & insider tips for filmmakers, writers & composers
• You’ll enjoy the Thoughts for the Day text & beautiful, meaningful images
• Learn all about the festival events, screenings, workshops & networking parties
• The annual call-for-entries information
• Notifications & the latest announcements
• And, best of all, the Moondance blog only arrives in your in-box occasionally, not daily or weekly, but just when there’s some good news or special announcements!
The Open Rate for the folks who receive the Moondance blog is incredible! We are averaging at least 50%, which is way above the industry standard for open rates for email marketing. Moondance’s blog ranges up to almost 80% for some broadcasts – which is tremendous, and almost unheard of! It’s one of the best-read blogs around!
DID YOU KNOW…?
DOLPHIN CATASTROPHE IN PERU: Since January more than 900 dolphins have been found dead on the beaches of northern Peru. The Peruvian government conducted only perfunctory necropsies and testing then came out with the conclusion that the mass mortality event (MME) was caused by “natural causes”. This conclusion is patently absurd.
BlueVoice traveled to Peru in March, 2012 to document the large numbers of dolphins dead on beaches. We counted 615 in just one day. Dr. Carlos Yaipen Llanos of ORCA Peru, funded by BlueVoice.org, has conducted necropsies on 30 of these dolphins. He has found no evidence of disease, starvation, entanglement in nets or red tide. There were no marks or lesions on the exterior of the stranded dolphins. What he has found is evidence of acoustical trauma leading to rapid ascent and decompression syndrome. In other words loud noises, produced repeatedly over a long period of time, startled the dolphins who raced for the surface and incurred what humans call the bends.
Over the next eight years – according to the Obama administration’s estimates – seismic exploration would injure up to 138,500 marine mammals and disrupt marine mammal feeding, calving, breeding, and other vital activities more than 13.5 million times. This could be catastrophic for the dolphins and whales we all love.
It is vitally important that we continue our work in Peru and that we inject this new evidence to stop the seismic testing off the U.S. coast BlueVoice has been the major funder of the work in Peru. Please donate and help us prevent future disasters.
PLEASE ENJOY THESE SPECIAL THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY:
“Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.” ~ G. E. Woodberry
“Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.” ~ Robert Louis Stevenson
“A powerful agent is the right word: it lights the reader’s way and makes it plain.; whenever we come across one of those intensely right words, the resulting effect is physical, as well as spiritual.” ~ Mark Twain
“Dreams pass into the reality of action. From the action stems the dream again; and this interdependence produces the highest form of living. - Anais Nin
“I think happiness comes from self-acceptance. We all try different things until we find some comfortable sense of who we are.” ~ Jamie Lee Curtis
“The Universe constantly gives us feedback through synchronicity of events and through subtle signs, symbols, and messages throughout our everyday life. Such messages mirror to us where we are on the path of alignment, our consciousness journey, and help us see where we may be obstructing our own progress. Although sometimes we may feel like we are taking a detour, or we’re getting side-tracked by life’s circumstances, we may actually be right where we need to be, and life will find a way tell us. We are constantly given helpful tips from the source if we will only acknowledge them…(and realize that) we are being nudged toward reality and peace.” ~ Lynne Forrest
“It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.” ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Peace be with you
السلام يكون معكم
Que la paix soit avec vous
Friede sei mit euch
Ειρήνη να μαζί σας
La pace sia con voi
שלום להיות איתך
Que la paz sea contigo
Мир будет с вами
Vrede zij met u
Pokój niech będzie z wami
Hòa bình với bạn
Fred være med dig
Rauha olkoon teille
Damai sejahtera bagi Anda
The 2012 Moondance submission deadline is coming up!
Get your entry in NOW for this great opportunity to showcase your talents and win the Moondance!
BE SURE YOU’RE SUBSCRIBED TO OUR POPULAR NEWS BLOG
in order to be kept up-to-date about all of the Moondance deadlines, news, announcements, vital articles and insider tips!
|YOUR MOONDANCE JUNE NEWS||MOONDANCE EXTENDS SUBMISSION DEADLINE!|
|YOUR MOONDANCE JUNE NEWS|
|MOONDANCE EXTENDS SUBMISSION DEADLINE!|