2012 MIFF “MARCH MADNESS”!
SEND IN YOUR 2012 MOONDANCE SUBMISSION NOW
AND GET IN ON THE
MOONDANCE “MARCH MADNESS”
DISCOUNTED ENTRY FEES
- FEATURE FILMS & FEATURE SCREENPLAYS: $50 (save $25!)
- SHORT FILMS & SHORT SCREENPLAYS: $25 (save $50!)
- ANIMATION FILMS & SHORT STORIES: $25 (save $50!)
- MUSIC VIDEOS, FILM SCORES & 1/2 HR. TV EPISODICS: $25 (save $50!)
- ALL OTHER CATEGORIES: $50 (save $25!)
- OPTIONAL FEATURE SCREENPLAY CRITIQUES: $50 (save $25!)
PLUS: All submissions entered during Moondance’s March Madness days will receive 5 free movie tickets at the 2012 film festival! That’s a $50 value!
3 Easy Ways to Submit Your Entry:
Check out the Moondance website for more info!
- FEATURE FILMS
- SHORT FILMS
- DOCUMENTARY FILMS
- ANIMATION FILMS
- MUSIC VIDEOS
- FEATURE SCREENPLAYS*
- SHORT SCREENPLAYS*
- ORIGINAL MUSIC & FILM SCORES
- TV PILOT SCRIPTS*
- FILMED TV PILOTS
- TV EPISODICS*
- SHORT STORIES*
- RADIO PLAYS
- & more…
* Written works in the following foreign languages are also accepted: French, Spanish, German, Dutch & Africaans. These works will be read & judged by native speakers.
MOVIEBYTES.COM Lists Moondance as
“one of the top ten film festival competitions worth the entry fee!”
BE SURE YOU ARE SUBSCRIBED TO OUR NEWS BLOG POSTS by email in order to be kept up-to-date about all of the Moondance deadlines and happenings! Announcements will be on the Moondance website, and in the news blog.
Sign up for it now, at: www.moondancefilmfestival.com/blog
PROFESSIONAL CRITIQUES: Cynthia Butler, Moondance’s very popular reader will write a one-page critique and assessment of your submitted screenplay, stageplay, teleplay or up to 3 short stories. Check off the box for critiques on the Moondance entry form. The fee is only $50 for each critique requested during Moondance “March Madness” days!
* SCROLL ON DOWN FOR MORE ITEMS OF INTEREST:
To enhance the quality of life within the world community by providing important and meaningful cultural events, with innovation, professionalism and an absolute commitment to excellence.
THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY:
“What the world needs now is love, sweet love. It’s the only thing that there’s just too little of.” ~ Hal David, lyricist
“The Universe constantly gives us feedback through synchronicity of events and through subtle signs, symbols, and messages throughout our everyday life. Such messages mirror to us where we are on the path of alignment, our consciousness journey, and help us see where we may be obstructing our own progress. Although sometimes we may feel like we are taking a detour, or we’re getting side-tracked by life’s circumstances, we may actually be right where we need to be, and life will find a way tell us. Through the messages we receive, we are being nudged towards reality and peace.”~ Lynne Forrest
“LET US SHAPE OUR FUTURE, NOT WAIT FOR IT!” ~ A sign posted outside the Discovery Center for children, in Damascus, Syria 2012
“Light gives of itself freely, filling all available space. It does not need anything in return. It asks not whether you are friend or foe. It gives of itself and is not thereby diminished.” ~ Rabbi Michael Strassfeld
“There’s a new type of alarm clock on the market! It makes no noise. It just uses lights, and gets brighter and brighter until you wake up. I already have one of these. It’s called a “window”. ~ Jay Leno
“The world is not just in the center of the frame.” ~ booklet of advice for the filmmaker & guides to life, by Roger Sherman
MOONDANCE FRIENDS, SUPPORTERS & SPONSORS:
Right now, Moondance really needs your help to keep this vital mission moving forward. We need to meet our financial goals before we can produce the 13th annual film festival. Send in your entry now, and/or sponsor or donate whatever amount you can. Please let other colleagues and friends know about Moondance, via your FaceBook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other social media accounts. Everything will help.
OTHER OPTIONS & MOONDANCE SPONSOR INFO: http://www.moondancefilmfestival.com/04_sponsors.info.html
~~~ EXTRAORDINARY OPPORTUNITY: ~~~
Would you like to host the very best of Moondance films & workshops in your community, anywhere in the US and the world? Bring the Moondance Roadshow to your area! Contact Elizabeth English now at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the details and fabulous benefits!
Watch these amazing underwater videos!
Go full-screen & enjoy the music, too!
START A PETITION – MOBILIZE SUPPORT – WIN CHANGE
Change.org is a non-partisan organization that empowers anyone, anywhere to start and win campaigns for social change. Every day, people who start petitions on Change.org win meaningful change using the most easy-to-use & powerful grassroots organizing tools on the web. A few examples of successful campaigns at change.org:
- The “Saudi Women for Driving” Coalition petitions U.S. Secretary of State Hilary Clinton to support women’s driving rights. 22,000 people join after Clinton declines public support, gaining media attention. In the light of media coverage, Clinton reverses her stance and becomes highest-ranking official to publicly support women driving.
- Molly Katchpole, a 22 year old nanny working two jobs, starts a petition asking Bank of America to drop an unexpected new $5/month banking fee. 300,000 people join, gaining national media exposure and driving customers to leave Bank of America. In less than 1 month, Bank of America announces it will drop its new banking fee, as do all other major national banks.
- After international outcry from over 100,000 people across the world, the beginning of the end is here. The end of women suffering physical and emotional abuse including sexual assault and torture in Ecuadorian clinics trying to “cure” them of being lesbian.
- After hearing from more than 82,000 people, Chase Bank called off foreclosing on 78-year-old grandmother and civil rights activist Helen Bailey.
- McDonald’s finally responded to the 100,000 people (and groups like the Humane Society of the United States) who told the fast food giant to stop sourcing pork from factory farms using inhumane “gestation crates,” (cages so small that pigs can’t move or turn around). McDonald’s told all of its suppliers yesterday to start phasing out the cages — an earthquake for the food industry.
Have something you want to change?
El Sistema: Fighting Poverty, Armed With Violins
Venezuela’s program of social uplift through classical music.
El Sistema’s aim is to address a depressingly universal problem: how to remove children from poverty’s snares, like drugs, crime, gangs and desperation, and to instill values that can come from playing in ensembles: a sense of community, commitment and self-worth. All instruction and instruments are free. No child is turned away, teaching is done in groups, and many of the instructors have passed through El Sistema themselves (and are thus committed to the movement). El Sistema also has choirs and programs to teach instrument-making and repair. (Excerpt from a February 16, 2012 New York Times article, by Daniel J. Wakin)
Please forward this news blog to friends & colleagues,
and check out the Moondance website for more info!
|MOONDANCE MARCH MADNESS!||MOONDANCE MARCHES ON!|
|MOONDANCE MARCH MADNESS!|
|MOONDANCE MARCHES ON!|