Stories of the Mer-Folk, especially Mermaids, exist in nearly every culture around the world where there are oceans, lakes, ponds, rivers or streams. Human-like, except for their iridescent, scaly tails, Mermaids and Mermen have fascinated humans for thousands of years. These beautiful, mythical creatures live in folklore tales around the world, called Rusalka in Russia, Selkies on the coasts of the UK, and Mami Wata, in Africa, for just a few examples. Because the largest of these mystical beings live in the oceans, most people are not aware that smaller versions of the Mer-Folk live in fresh water, too, in inland rivers, streams, marshes, and large or small waterfalls. Like many other magical, mythological beings, the Mermaids travel easily between this world and the astral planes, appearing only to those who truly seek to know them, and to learn their ancient powers.
Moondance has been offered the unique opportunity to hold the 2013 film festival event in the historic, New England seacoast village of Mystic, Connecticut!
Dates: September 26-29
Plan to attend & participate!
This unique film festival event is a “must attend” opportunity for all serious filmmakers, screenwriters, music composers, producers, directors, talent agents, distributors, and indie film buff audiences, from the US and around the world, with only the best-of-the-best indie & foreign films screened, professional workshops, seminars, entertainment industry celebrity appearances, as well as 3 pitch-panels, private consultations with the pros, a grand awards ceremony & reception, opening night & closing night galas, super-productive networking parties, and our premiere film market! Come join us on September 26-29, 2013, in the historic New England seacoast village of Mystic, Connecticut, just halfway between New York City & Boston!
Indie & Foreign Film Screenings • Workshops • Market •
Networking Parties • Awards Ceremony & Reception
Celebrities • Opening Night & Closing Night Galas •
Seminars • Private Consultations With the Pros
• ALL FESTIVAL EVENTS ARE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC! •
DUE TO POPULAR REQUEST,
WE HAVE EXTENDED THE SUBMISSION DEADLINE:
THE EXTENDED POSTMARK DEADLINE IS
Submit your film, screenplay, original music CD, stageplay, short story, music video, & etc. to the 2013 Moondance competition right now!
Thanks for the many fine submissions received so far
for the Moondance’s 2013 competition!
Moondance winners are setting the industry standard for
the best-of-the-best films, written works and music!
MOVIEBYTES.COM lists Moondance as one of the top-ten film festival competitions worth the entry fee!
• Scroll on down for more news, info, photos, & thoughts for the day!
THE 2013 MOONDANCE EXTENDED CALL-FOR-ENTRIES:
EASY WAYS TO SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY:
SUBMIT YOUR FILM TRAILER, TOO!
• Do you have a really good 1- to 3-minute film trailer to send to Moondance?
• Haven’t quite finished your film yet, but want to promote it now?
Submit the trailer via the Moondance entry form.
The entry fee is only $25!
• All winning trailers will be screened at Moondance 2013!
Click on the film’s poster to see the trailer
• Here’s a funny film trailer from 2002: “OLD MEN IN NEW CARS.” a Danish action-comedy film directed by Lasse Spang Olsen. Pretty funny, if you like humor that is understated, poignant, very British, and not really about the title.
CLICK ON IMAGE ABOVE TO SEE THE TRAILER!
• This short animation film is a mixture of live-action, CGI, still images and 2D computer animation. It was shot in Colorado as well as in California ,Utah, North Carolina and Pennsylvania. The tagline for the film is: ”The strange life of a plastic toy diver.” The overall theme of the film is about finding one’s place in the world. It is a positive and ultimately uplifting type of puppet fantasy adventure.
MOONDANCERS WRITE US:
“Thank you for offering such great opportunities for expressing meaningful and important topics through the film media.” ~ CAROLINE CORY
“Execellent initiative and programme, Elizabeth. Congrats!” ~ ANGELIQUE ROCKAS, UK, Women International group on LinkedIn.com, on the Moondance Mission
SOME THINGS TO THINK ABOUT:
“Simplicity is the final achievement. After one has played a vast quantity of music notes, it is the simplicity that finally emerges as the crowning reward of true art.” ~ FRÉDÉRICK CHOPIN
“If you think you can, if you think you can’t…either way, you’ll be right.” ~ HENRY FORD
“Let us not look back in anger, nor forward in fear, but around us in awareness.” ~ JAMES THURBER
“All that you have accomplished so far is merely a glimpse of all you can achieve. It is when we rest on the laurels of yesterday that we become satiated, and the hunger that once drove us to manifest great things diminishes. What we have achieved until now is limited, but the potential of all we can do remains limitless. Asking ourselves “What’s next?” can propel us toward reaching even greater heights of fulfillment. ~ YEHUDA BERG
Click on the coffee cup below to watch the clip “Life is like Coffee.” Even if you don’t drink coffee, please enjoy watching this enlightening short video, submitted for the blog by Moondancer Dekki Moate.
~~ Thanks for reading the Moondance news blog! ~~
• If you’re not yet a subscriber, please subscribe now:
• EMAIL comments or questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
THE EXTENDED POSTMARK SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS
• Please forward on this news blog to your friends and colleagues!
|MOONDANCE MAY DEADLINE REMINDER!||Kako sam ostao bez krila / How I lost my wings|
|MOONDANCE MAY DEADLINE REMINDER!|
|Kako sam ostao bez krila / How I lost my wings|