THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST IN THE MOONDANCE INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL!
Congratulations to all our talented filmmakers!
2014 SELECTED FILM LAUREL!
Coming very soon…check the website mid-week!
EVENTS AT THE 2014 MOONDANCE FILM FESTIVAL:
~ September 26, 27, 28, in Beautiful Boulder, Colorado, USA ~
Moondance continues to be an intimate, casual, very carefully programmed film festival that attracts avid indie film buffs, filmmakers, writers, composers & audiences from the US & around the world who trust our film selections, workshops & networking events to be of the top quality, productive & entertaining, while being important & memorable. Please plan to join us!
- INDIE FILM SCREENINGS!
- PROFESSIONAL WORKSHOPS & MASTER CLASSES!
- PRODUCTIVE FREE NETWORKING PARTIES & EVENTS!
- PRIVATE CONSULTATIONS WITH THE PROS!
- CELEBRITY MASTER CLASS ON ACTING FOR FILM & TV
- MINGLE WITH CELEBRITY ATTENDEES!
- SPECIAL VIP CELEBRITY FILM, Q&A WITH THE DIRECTOR + RECEPTION
- GALA AWARDS CEREMONY & RECEPTION!
- & much more!
GIANCARLO ESPOSITO, best known for his role as Gustavo “The Chicken Man” Fring, on AMC television’s super-popular “Breaking Bad” series, for which he won the Best Supporting Actor in a Drama award at the 2012 Critics’ Choice Television Awards and was nominated for an Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series award at the 2012 Primetime Emmy Awards, and for his co-starring role in the current NBC television drama, “Revolution”, & who recently received a coveted star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, has graciously accepted our invitation to attend the 15th annual Moondance International Film Festival, to appear at the screening of his directorial debut film, “Gospel Hill”, and the Q&A session afterwards and private reception. He will receive the coveted Moondance Living Legacy Award at the 2014 Moondance, and will present a special one-of-kind master class on acting for TV, stage & film!
Don’t miss this popular annual event!
MOONDANCE 2014 PROFESSIONAL WORKSHOPS & MASTER CLASSES:
- AWARD-WINNING ACTING FOR FIM & TELEVISION: Learn all the insider info, in this one-of-a-kind master class presented in-depth by popular, multi-award-winning film, television and stage actor, Giancarlo Esposito!
- FIRST IMPRESSIONS: TITLES & LOGLINES! Moondance founder & executive director, Elizabeth English, shows you how to turn your great story into a great logline, and give it a new, sizzling title that will make getting an agent and selling your script or film possible!
- AWARD-WINNING DOCUMENTARY FILM PRODUCTION!: This master class is designed to help you make your documentary film more cinematic, to get it into film festivals & purchased for broadcast!
- AWARD-WINNING EDITING FOR FILM & POST-PRODUCTION!: How to create a vital subconscious emotional connection to the viewer, with image selection, sound, foley, special effects, film score & color correction!
- FILMMAKING 101: FROM CONCEPT TO SCREEN!: Join the Emmy Award-winning team of Joseph & Sandra Consentino, as they introduce you to the importance of creative concepts & screenplays from initial concept to a great film, & the collaborative art of the filmmaking process!
- WRITING SUBTEXT: WHAT LIES BENEATH!: Subtext explores all the underlying meanings that lie beneath the words, images, and actions in film, which are also applicable to any kind of fiction writing! Presented by famed Hollywood “script doctor”, Linda Seger!
- MAKING A GOOD SCREENPLAY GREAT!: Learn the screenwriting process, from initial concept through final rewrite, providing specific methods so you can you craft stronger, more sell able scripts! Presented by famed Hollywood “script doctor”, Linda Seger!
- CREATING UNFORGETTABLE CHARACTERS!: How to create strong, multi-dimensional characters, how to deepen a character & make him or her more believable & memorable, recognizable & real! Presented by famed Hollywood “script doctor”, Linda Seger!
- CREATING & SELECTING POWERFUL FILM SCORES!: How the relationship of the film director/producer & composer work together to create a unified emotional tapestry that moves the audience through the story!
- CREATIVE WRITING FOR AUDIO PLAYS! WRITING SCRIPTS FOR TODAY’S RADIO: How you can write or adapt your script or story, drama, comedy, sci-fi, romance, kids, or educational work, & sell to it now to US & international audio producers!
- SELL YOUR SCRIPT! HOLLYWOOD INSIDER TIPS: How do you make your screenplay viable for the marketplace? Attend this workshop to learn the secrets from a true Hollywood professional. Discover what secret criteria will make you and your script exciting & sellable to producers!
- BETWEEN THE SCENES: “SCENE TECTONICS”: How to harness the power of ‘scene tectonics’, a unique storytelling craft, which focuses on dramatic collisions of the emotional landscape, from scene to scene!
- PRIVATE CONSULTATIONS WITH THE PROS! The unique opportunity to meet privately, one-on-one, for very productive consultations with the professional workshop & master class presenters!
MOONDANCERS WRITE US:
- “It was so exciting yesterday to learn that my screenplay. “Lobster fra Diavolo”, was chosen as a finalist! It is a story based on a true incident that happened to my mom before she passed away. She would be so proud – and laughing her butt off. Thank you for making my year!” ~ Jane Barbara USA
- “I’m honored and thrilled to be a Moondance screenwriting finalist! I hope to be able to attend with my husband, traveling from San Francisco. Many thanks again, and I hope to meet you in person at the end of September!” ~ Kathryn Machi, USA
- “Just delighted! to learn that “Nellie” is one of the finalists in the Moondance musical stageplay category. I would very much like to attend the festival. It would be wonderful to meet you and to experience Moondance in full flight. Your festival provides much to encourage new work and creativity in so many fields — and I am sure it is unique in its scope. Brava. Many thanks to you and your group for what it does, and the professionalism it offers.” ~ Gino Mateo, Canada
- “Getting to know you (via email) makes sense why the festival has a good reputation. You are real Mensch . Other festivals never make contact, & they don’t even let you know if you did not make it. I wish you a great, successful festival.” Elkan Spiller, filmmaker, Israel
- “Since opening your email, my jaw has been resting on the floor in a state of amazement. I was thrilled to make the finals (for) the short screenplay for kids category at Moondance (which) is something I never imagined in my wildest dreams! I cannot begin to tell you how deeply, deeply thrilled and honoured I am. Boulder, Colorado is a long way away from where I am, but I will do all I can to try and make it to your wonderful festival this year. It’s a long shot, but who says dreams can’t come true! I hope to attend and meet you in person. Thank you again for this amazing privilege, and your very kind words. I just feel so privileged to be associated with the brilliant Moondance International Film Festival, in any capacity. Hopefully, in the future I can try my hand at creating an actual short film to submit. Thank you again for your kind words and encouragement ~ Troy Graham, Australia
Richard Dunn, The Lonely Airport Guy! He’s funny, smart, talented, and shoots great material with his iPHONE!
SOME THINGS TO THINK ABOUT:
“What more can we ask of one another than that we move through the world paying attention, taking the time to care, and leaving behind gentle traces of beauty?” ~ Dominique Browning, Slow Love blog
“Seek beauty, truth, harmony…the promise of the future and the blessings of today. Live well, laugh often, love much, gain the respect & the love of children; fill your niche, accomplish your tasks; leave the world better than you found it. Appreciate Earth’s beauties & express it. Look for the best in others and give the best you have!” ~ Author unknown
“Close your eyes, let your hands and nerve-ends drop, stop breathing for 3 seconds, listen to the silence inside the illusions of the world, and you will remember the lesson you forgot…It is all one vast awakened thing.” ~ Jack Kerouac
“Whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. And peace be with you.” ~ Barbara Kingsolver, Flight Behavior
Thanks a million for all the wonderful submissions again this season!
If you want to hear from Moondance, you must subscribe now to receive occasional news, info, notifications and important announcements about the film festival & the 2015 competition!
We look forward to continuing to keep you informed & updated.
FOR MORE INFO ABOUT THE MOONDANCE, VISIT OUR WEBSITE: www.moondancefilmfestival.com
PLEASE JOIN THE MOONDANCE INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL GROUPS
Moondance ranks in the top 5% for all profile views & endorsements at LinkedIn, has more than 6,500 LinkedIn followers, & over 350 on Twitter, to date!
Please add us to your address book!
Moondance received a very nice message from the Facebook people, saying “Congratulations” & that we had hit new FB records with the many, many views and likes on our posts! And people continue to amaze us with their multitude of re-tweets on Twitter!